Thursday, May 20, 2010

Now Taking Name Submissions!

It's our job to name Anthony Forrest's Sandtrooper, so here is how it will work. I will be accepting name submissions through Sunday, June 27th. I'll post later on how voting will be done to determine the winning name. To keep thing exact, I'll actually give people until 5:00 AM EST on Monday, June 28th, to get a name in, so people on the West Coast can still get some late responses in after midnight.

All valid submissions will be put available to vote on. A submission will be deemed invalid if it is silly, profane, or is already a known name. In other words, I'm not going to have people voting on the obvious joke ones--in general, I'm going to be pretty tolerant, but Bugaboo just won't make it to the polls. If it is a little silly sounding that is fine, I just plan on throwing out the ones that are obviously people just messing around.

To submit a name, please e-mail:
nameforreststrooper.submissions@gmail.com

It would be difficult to enforce a strict policy as far as number of submissions go, but please don't submit more than two or three. I don't want you to submit every idea that comes to you, but I also don't want to lose a good name because one was already submitted. If I see you submitting more names than this, I'll e-mail you and let you know I won't be accepting any more submissions.

E-mail is the only accepted form of submission. I appreciate comments, but I won't be checking comments for submissions. Feel free to try campaigning for your name as much as you like though.

Please spread the word about this site, I look forward to seeing the first submission!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Rob.

    Just a thought here but, if there are enough names in and each one gets a couple votes, we may not have a decisive winner. Do you think a couple rounds of run-offs may be in order, just to narrow the final vote down to at leave a half dozen?

    Looking forward to it!

    E. W. Lynch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we will definitely be doing run-offs. I'll come up with a schedule for voting once I have a better idea for how many submissions there are.

    ReplyDelete